Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Lost Art of Re-gifting

While perusing a gift shop in downtown Wayne, I caught this exchange.  

A woman walks in with a bag, puts it on the counter:
Woman:Is this from your shop?
Owner: No, that’s not our bag.
Woman: Do you know where these bags come from?
Owner: No, I wish I could help you, but I don’t know who uses that particular bag.  
Woman: Oh, that’s too bad.  I was really hoping it came from here.  It’s a necklace that someone gave me and I have to return it.  
She takes out the necklace and displays it on the counter.
I’m so disappointed in the person who gave it to me.  I really thought she knew me better than this.
Owner: Why don’t you tell her that you love the necklace and would like to get matching earrings, then ask her where she bought it, so you can return it for something you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment